Ev Fedorenko's Language Lab at MIT
Discovering how minds and brains create language.
RESEARCH PARTICIPANTS WANTED
We are looking for healthy older individuals (age range 40-85). We are conducting fMRI research about brain regions that support language understanding and production. We are looking for participants who are older than 40 and up to 85. The scan will last 2 hours and you will be paid at the rate of $30/hour for your participation. During the scan you will be asked to lie still for ~120 minutes, and either look at briefly presented images or words, and/or listen to some auditory stimuli.
Participation criteria include the following:
• you are a native English speaker (learned English prior to age 5);
• you have no metal in your body (dental fillings are OK);
• you do not have color tattoos;
• you do not experience claustrophobia;
• you are 18 years of age or older;
• you weigh under 200 lbs;
• you don't currently have a cold;
• you are right-handed.
If interested in participating or to learn more, please contact: Prof. Ev Fedorenko (MIT) email@example.com
This research has been approved by MIT’s Committee on the Use of Humans as Experimental Subjects (protocol # 2010000243, “Investigations of language and related cognitive abilities”)