The Tsai Lab at MIT is looking for individuals ages 18-35 to participate in a study looking at the impact of light, sound, and tactile stimulation on brain waves! You will complete some memory and cognitive tests, undergo an EEG recording, and complete up to 90 minutes of visual, auditory, or tactile stimulation. For more information, please contact Gabrielle de Weck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Study Volunteers Needed
This study uses flickering lights, clicking sounds, and vibrating devices to
look at the effect of visual, auditory, and tactile stimulation on the patterns of
brain waves using EEG.
• Be between the ages of 25-65
• Have no history of cognitive impairment, dementia, seizures,
epilepsy, stroke, or other significant neurological disorders.
• Not currently taking psychiatric medications (e.g. antidepressants,
antipsychotics, etc.) nor medications for the treatment of
• Fully insured and capable of giving informed consent.
This study involves:
• Informed consent session
• Up to 90 minutes of visual and/or auditory and/or tactile
stimulation using flickering lights, clicking sounds, and
vibrating devices at MIT.
• EEG recordings.
• Up to 90 minutes of pre and post study mental health questionnaires and
• Financial compensation in the range of $20-$30/hour.
For more information, please contact Gabrielle de Weck at 617-258-7723, or